"Nobody should put away their passport for good without once seeing the treasures of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, the Pyramids and Sphinx, and the tombs and temples of Luxor." (Roger Bray, The Guardian, Oct. 10, 2001)
Stars and Signs II is an opportunity to do just that, in comfort, in the company of two of the world's most popular and charismatic writers on the ancient world. Pestered since 1998 to re-run this trip, Hancock and Bauval are again working with Quest Travel, and touring Upper Egypt on the same five-star Nile cruise ship.
Two things really set the tour apart:
1. the company of Bauval, Hancock and their special guests (authors Chandra Wickramsinghe, Karen Ralls-MacLeod, and others) including lectures and discussions, formal and impromptu as leaders not 'cameos'!
2. the price: at only US$1,550 + flights the organisers have cut overheads to the bone to put virtually all the tour price into the tour itself, and relying on word of mouth, message boards and a website to spread the word. It is spreading fast!
The tour explicitly combines the scientific and the speculative; the search for the sacred and the souvenir; lectures and sites, meditations and markets. The schedule includes early morning starts and visits to an amazing number of sites, but there is plenty of flexibility for people to choose other sites or activities, or even just take some time to have a lie in, or relax and enjoy the view!
Read more, and "sign up" online at: http://www.starsandsigns.com
or email: mailto:email@example.com
Jon Ralls, Stars and Signs II
1. Dates: April 27th to May 8th 2002
2. Price: US$1,550 excluding flights see website for details.
3. Contacts - for full details:
(further info and registration)
(any queries beyond info on website)
Fax: +44 1865 425 724 (to request printouts, if no web access)